Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I find the menus for the month?
Menus are located in the "Quick Links" on the right side of the Home page.  

How can I add money to my child's cafeteria account?
Because of the grant that we received from Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) for the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and School Breakfast Program (SBP), students will still receive free breakfast and lunch.  They will, however, need to pay for snacks.  You can go to the "For Parents" link on our page, choose, "My SchoolBucks" and register to be able to add money to your child's account. or send the money in with your child.  Just note, that if you don't request the change back, the cafeteria may put all change into their account. 

What do I need to register my student?

Please see the information under New Student Registration.

Do I need to re-register my student each year?
If your student finished the year as an "in zone" Booker T. Washington student, you do not need to re-register.      However, if your address has changed, you will need to provide a new proof of residence document (water, gas, electric bill, signed lease or closing statement).

Is there child care at Booker T?
Before school drop off ended last school year, so we do not have before school care.  We do, however, have after school care with Parks and Rec.  See the Before and After Child Care link under "For Parents" for details.

What are the school hours?
Booker T. Elementary hours are 9:25a.m.-3:50p.m.  Students may be dropped off no earlier than 9:05 a.m. and must be in class by 9:25 a.m.  Bus dismissal begins at3:50p.m.

How do I change my student's bus route?
If a change is needed during the year due to child care or moving, you must complete a new transportation form.  Please note that if you have moved, you must also bring in a new proof of residence document (water, gas, electric bill, signed lease or closing statement).

My child's bus is late.  How do I know where it is?
Sign up for School Bus Tracker, located on the right side of the home page.  Please visit the office to get your student's ID number.

How do I pick my child up from school?
If you are picking up at the end of the school day, you will show ID and sign your student out in the front office.  If you need your student early for an appointment, you will show ID and sign your student out in the office.  Please note that all people picking students up will be required to have a picture ID.

May I bring cupcakes on my student's birthday?
See the Approved Snack list, located under "For Parents", then "Food, Wellness and Health", for items that may be brought to the class.  Cupcakes can be ordered from the cafeteria- please contact the cafeteria manager at least 72 hours in advance.

How can I contact my child's teacher?

Home Access Center allows parents and students to view student registration, scheduling, attendance, assignment, and grade information. Once you are in your HAC account, clicking on the teacher's name provides a hyperlink to start a direct-connect email.
All SPS email addresses are the first name and last name
Example: [email protected]

Can I call my child's teacher?
Staff members cannot accept phone calls during instructional time, but you may leave a message with the office for the teacher to call you.

I would like to volunteer in my child's class.  What do I need to do?
If you would like to volunteer, you will need to fill out an online Volunteer Application.  Click on Volunteer Connect in the Quick Links on the home page to access the application.  Volunteer approvals are valid for 12 months.