To help improve bus routes for next year, parents are asked to complete a 2016-17 Transportation Form by June 30, 2016. Link here for more information, including a PDF form to print and fill out and a link to an online form: http://www.spsk12.net/news_articles/2016-17-transportation-forms-available/
The Summer Enrichment Fair sponsored by the Gifted Advisory Board will take place onMonday, May 16 from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. at King’s Fork Middle School. The event will include hands-on activities for students, information on summer camps, parent resources, and student project displays. This program is geared towards elementary and middle school students. For more information, contact Dr. Maria Lawson-Davenport at 925-6760.
“Pass The Past” is an educational game to help students prepare for Virginia’s Standard’s of Learning (SOL) exams with a focus on World, United States and Virginia history, civics, and geography.
“Master the Math” is an educational game to help students prepare for Virginia’s Standards of Learning (SOL) exams with a focus on the mathematics curriculum from grades 3-8
Please donate if you can. We are trying to raise funds for headphones and dividers for our computer lab. Feel free to tell your family and friends!
Wednesday, April 20
- 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Pioneer Elementary School
- Pre-Registration required for dinner (5:30 p.m.)
- Pre-Registration required for childcare (ages 2-12)
Is it better to be kind or firm?
Join us Wednesday, April 20 to learn how being kind and firm helps parents get to the core of a child’s misbehavior. Positive discipline offers techniques that work to establish strong relationships and thinking, responsible children. This informative and useful presentation is based on the Positive Discipline Program by Jane Nelsen Ed.D.
Michele Tryon, MA, BS, CCLS is a certified child life specialist and certified Positive Discipline™ educator. She is a nationally recognized trainer/consultant for Nurturing Parenting Programs® and co-author of The Nurturing Program for Parents and Their Children with Special Needs and Health Challenges© Michele is community outreach coordinator for The Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters, is co-chair of the Hampton Roads Parenting Education Network, and is a member of the best practice committee for Virginia Statewide Parenting Education Coalition.
Here are some fun activities for your child(ren) during Spring Break, which is Monday, March 28-Saturday, April 2, 2016.
Suffolk Public Schools is currently holding open nominations for the Q.U.E.S.T gifted education program. Students in grades 3-7 are eligible to be tested in the spring if they have not been tested during the 2015-16 school year. Please complete the attached referral form and submit it to your school’s gifted resource teacher byMarch 23, 2016. Testing dates will take place in April and May and will vary with each school.
Below is a link to the gifted blog that will provide additional information and a link to the form.
- As part of the school division’s assessment of each school’s educational environment, parents of students are being invited to participate in the 2016 Parent Perception Survey.
- The survey will be conducted starting Monday, February 22 and will continue to be available through Friday, March 18, 2016.
- Schools will use the information from the survey to help identify areas for improvement. This survey provides an excellent opportunity for parents to provide feedback about Suffolk Public Schools and to express perceptions about the learning environment at their child’s school.
- On Monday, February 22, the official survey invitation will be emailed to parents and will include a school-specific web link to take parents directly to an online survey for each child’s school.
- The survey will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
- Responses will remain anonymous and be combined with responses of other families at the school.
- If preferred, parents can pick up a paper copy of the survey at their child’s school.
- Contact Bethanne Bradshaw, Public Information Officer, at (757) 925-6752 or by email email@example.com for more information.